Sunday, September 28, 2008

WMT - What's The Deal ?

I like simple things, as much as I am put off by unnecessarily complex characters I meet, fortunately only very occasionally.

Trading is in itself complex enough, no need to add more complications to that.

If I had only one word to describe WalMart, it would be...... "NTUC". It is nothing more than a successful group, with superior purchasing and hence bargaining power, and they sell almost anything you'll need in the cause of living; well almost everything.

So, if I think WMT is nothing more than the our version of NTUC, would I buy into its stock as an investment? Yes and No.

Yes, if I am in it for the dividend, for the income, strictly speaking. But No, I wouldnt add any WMT into my investment portfolio, if I am looking for year in year out profit growth, consistent top line revenue generation year on year.

So, my decision to invest will be based on my intentions of my investment. Is yours?

WMT - Monthly Chart



No comments: